1. What are the available scholarship grants in UPOU?
Check the list of scholarship grants here.
Note: If the scholarship grant you are looking for is not included in the Office of Student Affair's list, perhaps the grant is offered for another institution. This usually happens when UPOU was mentioned, but not stated as the institution which offers or benefits from the scholarship grant. Please check your reference again, and check their social page/s or website/s for information.
2. What are the qualifications for the existing scholarship grants?
An applicant for scholarship / study grant must have the following qualifications:
- Have been admitted into a program that is stipulated in the grant
- Fulfill the specific requirements/conditions of a particular grant
- Meet a general weighted average (GWA) of 2.0 or better for a new student, or have passed all courses taken during the previous semester for a continuing student
- Have an annual income of not more than P300,000 (Gross, Personal) and not more than P600,000 (Gross, Family – for dependent)
- Be willing to abide by the terms and conditions
3. What are the application requirements for the existing scholarship grants?
- One (1) 2x2 photo
- Current Income Tax Return of parents; if exempted from filing attach BIR Cert. of Exemption; if parents are unemployed, attach notarized affidavit of income
- Form 5
- True Copy of Grades from previous semester(s)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Birth Certificate
- Three (3) recommendation letter from previous Professor
- Recommendation/Certificate of Good Moral Character from current employers (if applicable)
Note: Check the list of scholarships available at UPOU first. Click on a specific scholarship to view any additional information such as requirements and application procedures. For further inquiries, please send an email to UPOU Scholarships ([email protected]).
4. What is the application procedure for the existing scholarship grants?
- Fill out of application form (Check the grant from the list of scholarships)
- Submit the specified application requirements for scholarship on or before the deadline of submission of application (Check the Office of Student Affairs website) for every semester.
- Email scanned copies to: [email protected] and mail or bring to:
Office of Student Affairs
UP Open University
Los Baños, Laguna 4030
Evaluation of applications: The Scholarship Committee evaluates all applications. An applicant should first be admitted to a degree program before the application for scholarship / study grant is evaluated.
Results of application: The applicants will be notified of the official result of their application through mail and email.
5. Is scholarship/grant offered the same as Free Tuition?
No, Scholarship is made through the generosity of donors and donor institutions of UPOU while Free Tuition is Republic Act 10931 that promotes universal access to quality tertiary education by providing for free tuition and other school fees in State Universities and Colleges Local Universities and Colleges and State-Run technical-vocational institutions.
View the information about the Free Tuition here.
6. What are the requirements for renewal of scholarship grant?
The scholarship grants are renewed automatically if you passed all the requirements and terms and conditions of the grant.
7. Do I have to file an application for renewal every term?
No, you don’t have to do that. If you satisfy all the requirements terms and conditions, your grant will automatically renew.
8. Do you have scholarships for people with disabilities or senior citizens?
Currently, scholarship funds and discounts for PWDs and Senior Citizens are not available at UPOU. You may apply for scholarships from external grantors such as CHED, TESDA or other government training and educational agencies such as DOST. The said agencies were also mentioned in RA 9442, under the educational privileges of persons with disabilities.