DICT Mindanao Cluster 1 x UP Open University (UPOU) collab project dubbed as Enabling Teachers on Remote Teaching and Learning in the time of Pandemic (In partnership with University of the Philippines – Open University) was shortlisted for a global prize at the 2021 World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). The entry was among the Top 20 nominees out of 582 projects submitted worldwide.
This Training series for Educators ran for 9 sessions equipping over 84,000 teachers (66% of whom are women) with various techniques for remote teaching. The series came at no cost to the government and the teacher-participants as it was conducted online through synchronous webinar sessions.
Support the Project by voting online on or before March 31, 2021 following these instructions:
1. Register or Create New account at http://bit.ly/wsisvotenow
2. Confirm the registration on your email.
3. Click the redirection link to log in and input details.
4. Once logged in, select “Prizes” on the Menu or type this in the browser: https://bit.ly/WSIS2021vote
5. Click Voting Form and select Category: AL C4 Capacity Building and Project title: Enabling Teachers on Remote Teaching and Learning in the time of Pandemic (In partnership with University of the Philippines – Open University)
6. To check if your vote was recorded, click “My Votes” and look for the projects you voted. Voting for all categories is encouraged but not required.
Vote for 3 other Philippine projects from DICT Mindanao Cluster 1 under respective categories:
AL C2. Information and communication infrastructure: Free Wi-Fi for All in Basilan Island Province through the Zamboanga-Basilan Broadband Network
AL C5. Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs: Cybersecurity Education in the Philippines in the time of Pandemic (In partnership with Digital Tayo)
AL C7. E-government: Delivering eGovernment Services through the Zamboanga City GovNet