The University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) Library is the most heavily used service unit by faculty members and students. It is one of the key components of an academic and scholarly institution like the UPOU. Its great responsibility is to make information services make available in all types and forms to meet the need of its constituents.
The following are its services:
- Web Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). Just like their counterparts in the residential campuses, UPOU students and faculty can access the library's Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) via the Integrated Library Management System software provided by the UP System.
- Virtual Reference Service (Email). Through the Virtual Reference Service (Via Email) faculty and students may request for books or book chapters, thesis abstracts, and full text articles, from the UPOU Library via email.
- Document Delivery. The Library sends printed books to requesting UPOU students via courier. The same books are sent back to the library through the same courier service.
- Bibliographical Services. The UPOU Library prepares subject and author bibliographies on specific topics upon request.
- Referral Services and Intra/Inter-library Loan. In extreme cases where our students and faculty members would like to borrow materials from libraries outside the college and university, the College Librarian usually obtains such materials through an intra/inter-library loan. The College Librarian also writes letters for its students and faculty members so that they may be able to use the resources and facilities of libraries outside the UP System Library.
- Reader’s Assistance Services. The UPOU Library provides library orientation to new students as well as walk-in researchers who request such services. The staff also answers queries concerning the client’s current information needs. Upon request, the staff are able to advise students on materials that they could use for their study and research.
For further inquiries and concerns about library resources and services, please send an email to [email protected]
Note: If you are referring to printed modules for your UPOU courses, send an email to